Are you a talented operations manager looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to make a difference? Join our team and help bring our online platform for clean energy systems to the next level. Located just steps away from Rotterdam Central Station, our office gives you amazing views from the 26th floor of the Millennium Tower. If you are ready to take your career to the next level and make a positive sustainable impact, apply now!
Skoon is a young and mission-driven company that was founded five years ago with the goal of making clean energy solutions accessible and affordable to everyone, everywhere. Skoon is committed to sustainability and supports the transition to a low-carbon economy. We offer a central platform that connects users with suppliers of clean energy systems, such as mobile batteries, hydrogen generators, solar panels and many more. These energy systems are used to power temporary applications such as construction sites, sport events and film sets, as a clean alternative to diesel generators.
Skoon values a healthy working environment, personal development and career advancement. We have a highly skilled team and a large expert network that can help you grow personally and professionally. We are dedicated to creating a fun, positive, and supportive working environment that encourages creativity and innovation.
We seek a talented and experienced operations manager to manage and carry out operations related to the implementation of clean energy systems. We are looking for a team member comfortable with working in a dynamic start-up environment, able to solve problems quickly and in a diligent manner. Aside from profound, hands-on experience in operations, our ideal candidate will have communication skills and a helpful attitude to support our team and customers. In addition, a technical background is required to translate customer demands into actual solutions. In order to ensure the successful implementation of clean energy systems, please note that this role requires to roll up your sleeves outside normal working hours from time to time.
- Develop and implement operational strategies, policies, and procedures to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Oversee and coordinate the day-to-day operations of the organization, including managing resources
- Coordinate and oversee the planning and execution of projects, including setting milestones, tracking progress, and managing budgets and resources
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including customers, suppliers, and partners
- Monitor and analyse key performance indicators (KPIs) to identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations for change
- Collaborate closely with sales and development teams to identify and resolve operational issues and improve processes
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and policies
- Develop and implement contingency plans to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the organization in times of crisis or disruption
We are looking for someone who
- Has relevant working experience
- Has strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve operational issues
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with a love for building structured and efficient work approaches
- Is able to multitask and manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time
- Has the ability to think strategically and execute on long-term plans, while also working on smaller day-to-day projects and to-do’s
- Has a strong sense of responsibility
- Is able to speak, read, and write English and Dutch at a professional level
We offer you
- A competitive salary plus bonus options
- Travel expenses
- Learning and development budget
- Modern office on the 26th floor with an amazing views in Rotterdam Centre
- Flexible work environments (currently working hybrid)
- A scale-up mentality with opportunities to grow (professionally and personally)
- Access to a gym located at the same building as the office
- On-the-job training and coaching
- Many young, enthusiastic, and motivated colleagues
- Fun team activities
You will work in an organization that is in high growth mode, with development opportunities and room for your own input. We take care of you both physically and mentally, since health is an important value to us. Every day will be a day where you can learn, grow, and make a meaningful impact while having fun with your colleagues.