Lead Software Architect at Skoon Energy
Skoon Energy is looking for an experienced full-stack software engineer to take responsibility for developing and extending our online platform. Join us in our beautiful Rotterdam headquarters and work on planet Earth’s #1 big battery sharing platform!
Who are we looking for?
We seek a talented full-stack engineer to take ownership of our battery sharing platform. We are looking for a highly motivated individual, comfortable with working in a dynamic start-up environment and able to problem-solve on their feet. Aside from a wealth of hands-on experience in software development, our ideal candidate will have a strong commercial sense and a strong understanding of the principles and best practices of system and software architecture.
What will you be working on?
We develop and facilitate our online platform, on which energy storage is traded ‘Airbnb style’. The platform brings together all stakeholders, automates the logistics and offers monitoring tools for both the owners and users of large batteries. This enables events, ships, ports, construction sites and festivals to be powered by container size batteries. Skoon believes that energy storage can be an economically viable solution, making a sustainable alternative to fossil fuel-based energy accessible to a wide range of customers.
- Work side-by-side with internal and external designers, product owners, copywriters, engineers and other developers to create new features
- Deliver web applications from an idea inception and validation to a scalable solution
- Collaborate with colleagues to ideate solutions for users and A/B test them
- Set up connections with external software systems to Skoon
We are looking for:
- Middle/Senior level experience in working on products that come with high stakes and/or in an entrepreneurial startup environment
- Proficiency in Python, (other languages are a plus)
- Deep understanding of using Cloud platforms, Ideally GCP
- Deep understanding of API development
- Deep understanding of data management systems both relational and nonrelational.
What we offer
- Full time employment
- Market competitive salary
- Budget for trainings, tech talks and conferences
- Great young colleagues
- Travel expenses
Skoon is a young and impact-driven company with a mission to accelerate the clean energy transition. If you join us, you can look forward to growing your network and accelerating your professional and personal development.
This is a greenfield opportunity allowing the right candidate to make a substantial mark on your business, and to work on a business that’s not only economically viable; but also socially and environmentally responsible.
Want to join us?
Reach out to us at [email protected]